Southwestern Michigan Council of Camera Clubs
SWMCCC is a regional camera club representing Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Illinois. We are a dedicated group providing competition and educational opportunities for all our member clubs and most importantly their members.
- Our Summer Weekend of Photography and Digital Imaging is a nationally recognized premier educational experience for beginner through advanced photographers held each summer at Hope College, Holland Michigan.
- Spring and Fall Competitions are sponsored including prints and digital each with multiple categories.
Contact Kelly Walkotten, SWMCCC President, for more information about the advantages for your club when you join our organization.
News & Info
- Summer Weekend of Photography and Digital Imaging
Great news! Registration is now open for our Summer Weekend of Photography and Digital Imaging to be held August 1st thru 4th, 2013 on the campus of Hope College, Holland, Michigan. See the details on our Summer Weekend of Photography and Digital Imaging page.
- Spring Competition 2013 Results
Many thanks to the Tulip City Camera Club for hosting our Spring Competition, the judges and to all those who participated. We had 10 SWMCCC clubs submit 329 images from 44 individual members! The Winners Galleries, Winners List and Candid Gallery can be viewed on our Competition page. The competition was a good time for all.See all the winning images on our Competition page
1st Place, Creative
Photo by Randy Wegener
Grand Rapids Camera Club
- 33rd George W. Glennie Nature Salon
The Merrimack Valley Camera Club is pleased announce the winners of the 33rd George W. Glennie Nature Salon photographic competition. We hope that Southwestern Michigan Council of Camera Clubs will share this announcement with your member camera clubs.
- Know Your Rights: Photographers - The American Civil Liberies Union has several related articles on your rights as a photographer and special considerations when videotaping. They can be found here.